IT'S OVER!!

IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

... midterm week ...

No one has ever accused me of being the best student, and I'm fairly certain no one ever will. Way back in elementary school, before facebook or cell phones or anything fun.. I actually was a pretty good student. I was actually in the "Gifted" program and basically that meant I got to leave the normal classes once a week to go and do independent study, where I learned everything from basic animation and graphic design to how to build a raft out of duct tape. Eventually though, around the end of 6th grade, I totally hit a wall. I could no longer really keep up with some of the stuff in school, specifically in math. I generally think of the years from 7th to 9th grade as the hardest time for me in school. But honestly this year is giving that span a run for its money. 

I think the reason this year has been so hard right now, besides Berklee just being very challenging to begin with, is because I am really worried about screwing up. Like I said, no one has ever accused me of being a good student. There were times at Wilson High School that I was worried about graduating. All of that was frightening to me then, but now there is real money involved. Berklee is more expensive per semester than my previous school (York College of Pennsylvania) was per year, and that sort of terrifies me. Not doing well here would mean essentially throwing away tens of thousands of dollars. The past three weeks have been especially scary because it's been midterm time. Any average college or high school student may read that sentence and say "What do you mean three weeks??". Well, of course there is "midterm week" which is the generally acceptable time to give tests and make projects due. But of course this is music school, so no one is on the same page ... Some professors decided to move midterms a week up, and some moved everything back a week, but guess what....

As of 11:47 pm EST MIDTERM WEEK(s) IS OVER. 



No comments:

Post a Comment